Body Fat Percentage Calculator
Us the body fat percentage calculator below to get your %,
Body Fat Calculator Guide
Weight loss is never easy. We start a rigorous diet and exercise routine, get on the scale every week, only to see the number stay the same. It can be frustrating and demotivating, but it doesn’t mean that you’re doing something wrong.
When we begin our weight loss journey, our primary concern is the number on the scale. But that number does not determine what your body looks like.
What changes your body shape is your body fat percentage. You should aim to reduce the amount of body fat you have and replace it with lean muscle. With a good body fat calculator, you can keep track of how much body fat you’re losing.
Why Do You Need A Body Fat Calculator?
As we said, you can use your body fat percentage to measure progress on your weight loss journey. If you decrease your body fat percentage, you’ll see your body getting slimmer and your clothes getting looser.
Knowing your body fat percentage is also essential for a good workout regimen. To tone your body through exercise, you need to do a good mix of cardio and weight training.
To know the right mix for you, you must know your body fat percentage. For those with a higher body fat percentage, doing more cardio is more beneficial. Those with a lower body fat percentage should concentrate more on weight training.
Your body fat percentage can also tell you if your diet is working. Everybody is different, and therefore, not every diet will work the same way for everyone.
Keeping a check on how your body fat percentage is changing on your diet can tell you if the diet is effective.
How to Maintain a Healthy Body Fat Percentage
The best way to regulate your body fat is through an exercise routine. You can opt to do anything, from running or yoga to playing a sport. Regular exercise will boost your metabolism and burn away excess fat.
Alongside exercise, you should also eat a balanced diet. Make sure your meals are sufficiently loaded with protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and a dash of healthy fat from sources like flaxseed.
To maintain a healthy body fat concentration, avoid sugary and processed foods like fizzy drinks and bakery items.
How Body Fat Was Traditionally Measured
Before the age of online body fat calculators, a variety of other methods were used to calculate body fat content. People would either seek the help of a doctor or measure themselves using a complex series of mathematics to get an answer.
In one of the methods, people would step on a scale that would shoot an electric current through their bodies. The resulting resistance would be used to calculate the body fat percentage.
This method is known as the Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA). While it is accurate, these scales are quite expensive and out of the average person’s budget.
Thankfully, you don’t need to splurge on these scales anymore. Online body fat calculators allow us to calculate our body fat percentage for free.
With our GymViper body fat calculator, you can find out your body fat percentage without any hassle. It’s fast, easy, and free!
What You’ll Need for the GymViper Body Fat Calculator
When using an online body fat calculator, you’ll need to input some of your measurements such as:
To get a more accurate result, you can use a few tools and enter extra optional details.
These tools usually include:
- Tape measure
- Of course, it goes without saying that you’ll need a computer or phone with a stable internet connection, as well.
How to Use the GymViper Body Fat Calculator
Our calculator is optimized to make the process of calculating body fat percentage extremely easy. You’ll have no trouble using this calculator thanks to our simple, user-friendly interface.
All you have to do is input values in the marked fields. Before doing so, make sure to select your gender and the unit system you prefer. The calculator supports both imperial and metric systems, making it easily accessible for all.
It’s essential that you’re careful about the values you enter. Calculating a person’s body fat percentage is an intricate process, especially for an algorithm that cannot see you.
Because you’re invisible to the algorithm, the calculator will rely on the values you input to create a picture and then tell you your body fat percentage.
Key Features of the Body Fat Calculator
The GymViper body fat percentage calculator has some great features that make it an excellent choice.
- Instantaneous processing so your answer will be ready within seconds
- The program offers seven different methods of body fat calculation, so you can choose one that you’re comfortable with.
- No tools are mandatory! Unlike most online body fat calculators using a tape measure or caliper is optional, making the calculator convenient for anyone to use, anytime
- Supports the imperial and metric system
- It’s free!
While most of the calculation results are accurate, the uncertainty in value depends upon the method used. The general margin of acceptable error with such online body fat calculators is 3%. Not bad for most people. Unless you are a professional athlete, have existing health risks, or are training for a sporting event, you do not need a more accurate value.
Do note, however, that this calculator, like all other online calculators, is not a feasible replacement for a doctor or professional trainer’s input. If you need an accurate value for medical analysis, try a more reliable method, like a hydrostatic test.
Things to Note When Using an Online Body Fat Calculator:
- Using a measuring tape can give you an inaccurate result if your body is impressively fit or athletic. You may get a reading that is as much as 5% higher than your actual body fat total.
- Skinny people may get a result that is 3-5% less than their true body fat percentage. This is because they have some fat stored within their muscles that cannot be detected through these simple measurement techniques.
Advice Before Measuring
Before grabbing your measuring device, go over these general guidelines to help you improve your measurement and calculation process:
- Use a good measuring tape. It should not be severely damaged or stretched as that could lead to an inaccurate reading.
- Do not measure any tense muscles. Measuring your body when tense will give you an incorrect value. Instead, measure yourself when your muscles are loose and relaxed.
- For a more reliable result, take an average value of multiple measurements. You can then use the average answer to calculate your body fat percentage.
- Measure the largest circumference of any area. This will help you attain a more accurate result.
While being conscious of your body fat is important, make sure the pressure to change it does not become overwhelming. You must be confident with your body no matter how it looks.
However, to remain healthy, you should maintain a healthy balance between your body fat and total body mass. Being too skinny or obese is unhealthy!
Now that you’re well versed with the workings of our body fat calculator go ahead and give it a try.
Be sure to measure yourself accurately before inserting any values to receive a reliable estimate of your body fat percentage.