You need to know what to look for in a deep tissue massage gun in order to find the one that will be best suited for you.
At the same time, you also need to take your budget into account, as the pricing for these products varies greatly.
We share the best options when it comes to buying a massage gun and consider a few factors you should look at when buying one of these devices.
You want a muscle massage gun that will be able to enhance blood circulation effectively and give you better results in the gym.
After extensive research, we narrowed down to the top 10 muscle guns that you can find on the market today.
UPDATED: Here are 5 top-rated massage guns of 2021…
1. LifePro Sonic LX Professional Percussion Massage Gun
Our top option when it comes to buying the best massage gun is the LifePro Sonic LX Professional Percussion Massage Gun. This one does come with a relatively premium price tag that exceeds $200, but it is able to provide you with true value for your money.
The LifePro Sonic LX Professional Percussion Massage Gun has nine different speed settings that you can select from. The device also comes with seven massage head attachments.
The combination of speed settings and attachments allow for a more customized approach to massaging muscle tissue after an intense workout session.
There is a 2,000 mAh motor installed in the LifePro Sonic LX Professional Percussion Massage Gun. This provides a more powerful way of experiencing a deep tissue massage, particularly when compared to other models on the market. You can adjust the pressure between a range of 15 Hz and 55 Hz.
The product is also made to be exceptionally durable and can even withstand heavy use. The manufacturer guarantees that it will not break under frequent use.
- A professional-grade massage gun that uses percussion technology.
- Choose from nine different speed settings.
- It comes with seven included attachments.
- Features a 2,000 mAh motor for a more powerful massage.
- This is a fairly expensive option compared to some of the alternative massage guns on the market.
2. Antetek Muscle Massage Gun
Next up is the Antetek Muscle Massage Gun, a high-quality option that is more suitable for those who are shopping on a smaller budget. The product comes with an affordable price tag, but still gives you a powerful motor that is able to deliver an effective deep tissue massaging effect.
This massage gun features a brand exclusive technology, known as the Antetek Precision Design Technology, which helps to provide a more targeted approach to massaging deep muscle tissue.
The device also features heat dissipation technology that ensures it can be used for extended periods without the need to be concerned about overheating or crashing.
A built-in LCD screen gives you a view of the current modes that are selected. There is an LED battery indicator that provides a view on the battery level as well. The Antetek Muscle Massage Gun comes with four attachments for a more precise massage.
- A more affordable option that still delivers a high-quality massage experience.
- Built-in LCD screen gives you easy access to features.
- Brand exclusive Antetek Precision Design Technology built into the device.
- Comes with a portable carry case.
- The massage gun only features a total of four massage head attachments.
3. ZESO REATHLETE DEEP4S Percussive Therapy Device
The ZESO REATHLETE DEEP4S Percussive Therapy Device offers a premium product that is appropriate for both professional and amateur use. The product does feature a higher price tag than a lot of the competitor options that you are going to find – but if you are a serious athlete, then this is a device that you should definitely consider.
The massage gun comes with a series of different attachment heads. These heads provide targeted massage therapy for the back, arms, shoulders, and, of course, the calves and the glutes. A full-body vibration function is also built in to assist with the relief of pain.
The ZESO REATHLETE DEEP4S Percussive Therapy Device features a silent motor, which means there is no need to worry about excessive noise.
At the same time, there is a 3,200 RPM motor that can deliver a more powerful massaging function compared to some of the other models you can choose from. The device comes with a one-year warranty, as well as a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Durable design built to be used by athletes and bodybuilders.
- Comes with attachments that offer targeted therapy in various parts of the body.
- Fully wireless technology makes this a hands-free massaging tool.
- Built-in 3,200 RPM motor for a powerful effect.
- The price of this device makes it a less affordable option for people on a tight budget.
4. LifePro Pulse FX Powerful Rotating Percussion Massage Gun
If you need a professional device to help you through sports and other pro activities, then the LifePro Pulse FX Powerful Rotating Percussion Massage Gun is the option you want to look at.
This device comes with a high price tag, particularly when compared to alternatives. The quality and durability, however, is unmatched compared to cheaper products.
The LifePro FX Powerful Rotating Percussion Massage Gun gives you access to a 250W motor.
This is a powerful motor that is able to deliver a more potent effect when it comes to giving yourself a deep tissue massage. The device also features an adjustable head, which allows you to switch between three angles for a more targeted approach to massage therapy.
- This is a professional-grade massage gun that can be used for various purposes.
- The powerful 250W motor makes this an ideal device for deep tissue massage.
- The head of the massager can be adjusted to three different angles.
- The device comes with a money-back guarantee.
- This is one of the more expensive options available at the moment.
- Limited function out-of-the-box due to the exclusive of attachment heads.
5. Tirumio Deep Tissue Percussion Muscle Massager
Those who are looking for a device that can deliver a balance between durability, performance, and affordability, should consider the Tirumio Deep Tissue Percussion Muscle Massager.
This device has a price tag that falls under $200. It is still able to provide some of the more professional features that athletes tend to expect from a deep tissue massage gun.
The Tirumio Deep Tissue Percussion Muscle Massager comes with a 2,500 mAh Li-Battery. This battery is capable of providing a use for up to six hours at a time. The design of the device focuses on ergonomics, ensuring you can easily hold the device in your hand without the risk of letting it slip.
The device can be adjusted according to the power you require for the massage, ranging from 1,200 strokes per minute up to a setting of 3,200. The product also features a noise adjustability function, allowing the noise to be configured between 30dB and 50dB.
- A balanced massage gun is offering a high-quality piece of equipment at a relatively affordable price tag.
- There are 20-speed settings that you can choose from.
- High-capacity rechargeable battery built into the device.
- Super Quiet technology reduces the noise produced by the massage gun.
- Even though a budget-friendly option, the price tag could still be a little high for some people.
- The motor is not as powerful as some alternative models.
6. AccuMed Muscle Gun
This particular massage gun is made by AccuMed and delivers exceptional performance, thanks to the built-in brushless motor. The motor features a 26V high-torque rating, delivering a higher power massage function.
The purchase of the AccuMed Muscle comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. There is also a one-year warranty period that the manufacturer offers. You get four different massage heads included with the device, including a fork, flat, bullet, and round head.
The device features a small and compact design. This makes it ideal for taking with you when you go out to the gym. You have five different speed settings to choose from.
- A high-quality massage gun made by a trusted company in the medical device industry.
- Features a full cordless function that gives you more flexibility when using the device.
- The device uses a 26V high-torque motor for better performance and more power.
- Purchase includes four interchangeable massage heads.
- The battery does not last as long as with some of the other models on the market.
7. Hypervolt Handheld Percussion Massage Device
The Hypervolt Handheld Percussion Massage Device is one of the original options that were presented to the public just a few years ago. This is the latest version of the brand’s handheld massage gun and delivers exceptional performance – most often ranked better as the majority of alternative options on the market.
The Hypervolt Handheld Percussion Massage Device delivers up to 3,200 percussions each minute. You are able to customize the power of the device, thanks to the three different speed settings that you can choose from.
Each charge gives you up to three hours of use. The device can be used frequently, and the heavy-duty design makes it appropriate for heavy use as well.
The Hypervolt Handheld Percussion Massage Device also comes with the brand’s original Quiet Glide Technology, reducing the noise of the device while it is in use.
- A professional massage gun from one of the original companies to develop these devices.
- Quiet Glide Technology significantly reduces the noise produced by the massage gun.
- The device has been featured in multiple publications, including Men’s Health and Runner’s World.
- Can be customized to deliver a maximum of 3,200 percussions per minute.
- This is an exceptionally expensive option when compared to some of the other devices we shared in this post.
- The battery only lasts for three hours per charge.
8. Zermatte Deep Tissue Massage Gun
The next option on our list is the Zermatte Deep Tissue Massage Gun. This is another high-quality option from a trusted brand. The device comes with a variety of settings that can be used for targeted therapy – you have five-speed and frequency settings to choose from when using the massage gun.
The Zermatte Deep Tissue Massage Gun comes with five attachment heads included. These heads allow you to target different areas of your body. The device was designed with a smaller size than many competitor options, giving you a more portable product that is travel-friendly.
- Quiet motor that helps to provide a massage function without excessive noise.
- Multifunctional operation makes the device ideal for multiple purposes.
- Five different speed settings.
- Small size makes it easier to travel with the massage gun.
- Some people may find the price of this massage gun too high.
9. Opove M3 Pro Massage Gun
The Opove M3 Pro Massage Gun is another excellent balanced option. The device features a silent motor. This is crucial if you find other massage guns produce too much sound. The motor is also able to produce up to 3,200 percussions per minute, depending on the settings that you select.
The device weighs 2.2 pounds, which is an ideal weight for people who will be traveling with a massage gun frequently. The ergonomic design of the device itself helps to reduce the risk of it slipping out of your hands.
- Delivers up to 3,200 percussions per minute.
- Quiet motor reduces the annoyance of noise while massaging.
- Light in weight, providing a product that is easier to carry with you.
- Comes with four interchangeable head attachments.
- The battery does not last as long as with some of the other massage guns that are available.
10. ABOX Percussion Massage Gun
The final entry in our list is the ABOX Percussion Massage Gun. This is one of the most affordable options that we have on the list, but it can still deliver appropriate results if you want to reduce muscle soreness and experience faster recovery after each workout. The price falls under $130.
The battery lasts for up to five hours on a single charge. The device also comes with an LCD display, which gives you a view on the current battery level, as well as the specific settings that you have configured.
- One of the more affordable massage guns on the market.
- Features 20 different speed settings and strengths.
- High-capacity battery that can give you up to five hours per charge.
- Built-in LCD display unit.
- The motor is not as powerful as some alternative options.
Buying Guide: What To Look For In A Massage Gun?
If you want the best muscle gun to help improve recovery, boost circulation, and reduce soreness after an intense workout, then there are a couple of factors that you need to take a closer look at.
While shopping for these devices, be sure to consider the tips we share below – they will help you identify the deep tissue massage gun that will be ideal for your workout sessions.
- Budget: Start by considering your own budget. Look at how much money you will be able to spend. It is important that you go into the shopping process with an idea of your budget since the prices for massage guns can vary quite a lot. This makes it easier for you to filter through the devices that are available at the moment. Budget-friendly options tend to cost between $100 and $200. Higher-quality options cost over $200.
- Noise: There is nothing worse than a massage gun that will constantly bother everyone around you with annoying noise. Consider opting for a massage gun that is made with technology that does not produce a lot of noise.
- Battery Life: You are going to be using your muscle massage gun in the gym – so you need to ensure it is portable. This means taking a closer look at its battery life. Consider opting for a gun that will give you an appropriate battery life – ensuring you can get a full massage session into your workout.
- Reliability & Quality: Also consider the quality of the massage gun you might be interested in, along with its reliability. This is best done by considering past customer reviews left on each product page. Take a look at both positive and negative reviews to find a product that seems to be more reliable among those who have purchased it in the past.
With massage guns becoming exceptionally popular among people who regularly work out at the gym, you might be interested in getting your hands on one of these devices too.
Looking for the best massage gun can be a challenge, however. If you are looking to get an effective muscle massage gun that still fits into your budget, be sure to take a look at the top 10 options we shared, as well as the short buying guide.
On this page: